Padres also identifies action steps, which include:
- Guarantee tuition-free access to high-quality, full-day pre-K for every 3- and 4-year-old from a low- and moderate-income family.
- Prohibit the use of suspensions and expulsions in pre-K.
- Require that pre-K sites adopt a consistent policy for meeting the needs of dual language learners that includes support for, and nurturing of, students’ native languages.
- Fund pre-K appropriately so that every provider and employee is making a living wage.
- Ensure that all pre-K teachers and administrators receive training on classroom management, implicit bias, developmentally appropriate disciplinary methods, dual language instruction, and the use of inclusive, culturally affirming practices.
A summary of the report can be find here with the full report here. Both options are also available in Spanish, here and here.
Posted by Haley DiRenzo